Here’s a CFP for a particularly challenging topic for a special issue of WLN:

Mickey

An upcoming special issue of WLN: A Journal of Writing Center Scholarship will be devoted to “The Work of the Writing Center Director.”  A sneak peek at the beginning of the CFP is below:

As recent discussions on WCenter demonstrate, the way writing center directors and writing centers are perceived outside our walls is critical to our survival and growth both as organizations and as vital components of our schools. Yet these perceptions are often determined by fleeting, incomplete, and/or too-often inaccurate impressions of what we do rather than conclusions based on solid facts. Our daily work is important and influences our students and tutors beyond our writing centers. What tools do we have at our disposal that can provide our stakeholders with accurate information about our professional stature, our gravitas as members of the academy, and our status?

For the full CFP go to the WLN blog:  http://www.wlnjournal.org/blog/2015/10/cfp-special-issue-of-wln-the-work-of-the-writing-center-director/ <http://www.wlnjournal.org/blog/2015/10/cfp-special-issue-of-wln-the-work-of-the-writing-center-director/>

Muriel Harris
Professor Emerita of English
• Writing Lab Director (retired)
• WLN: A Journal of Writing Center Scholarship <https://wlnjournal.org/>, Editor
• (WLN Facebook, <https://www.facebook.com/wlnjournal?fref=ts> Twitter <https://twitter.com/WLNjournal>,  <http://www.wlnjournal.org/blog/>Blog <http://www.writinglabnewsletter.org/blog/>)
•Prentice Hall Reference Guide <http://www.mypearsonstore.com/bookstore/prentice-hall-reference-guide-0321921313>
• [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

"If you cannot write well, you cannot think well; if you cannot think well, others will do your thinking for you." — Oscar Wilde.