Apologies for cross-posting.

Dear All,

due to popular request, we have extended the paper submission deadline for COOP 2016.

Stay tuned - submission deadlines for Workshops and Panels, Making Laboratories, Interactive Experiences and Doctoral Consortium are coming soon.

COOP 2016
12th  International Conference on the Design of Cooperative Systems
23-27 May, 2016
Trento, Italy
http://www.coop2016.unitn.it/

******* Important dates *******
- 22 November 2015     Extended deadline for paper submissions
- 2 February 2016   Extended Notification of acceptance/rejection

- 23-27 May 2016   COOP 2016 conference in Trento (Italy)

******* Making Together *******
COOP is one of the key European conferences on Cooperative Systems, Computer Supported Cooperative Work (CSCW) and Collaborative Computing and is affiliated to EUSSET - the European Society for Socially Embedded Technologies. COOP 2016 will be the twelfth edition of this biennial conference and will take place in Trento, Italy, organised by the department of Information Engineering and Computer Science (DISI), University of Trento and Fondazione Bruno Kessler (FBK).

The COOP conferences promote the idea that cooperative systems design requires a deep understanding of collective activities, involving both artefacts and social practices, within a context. COOP embraces a wide set of research questions on the design, development, and evaluation of socially-situated technologies.

This year, the programme intends to open up to the topic of collaborative design, with a special emphasis on "Making together". Therefore we encourage participation from a range of design fields  – including, but not limited to  – interaction design, critical design, participatory design, co-design, making communities etc. We are interested in attracting researchers and practitioners involved in various forms of collaborative (design) activities – creating together across a multitude of domains. Given this wider remit, we are exploring a variety of forms of participation and engagement, beyond the usual single-track program of high-quality research papers. The programme will include Interactive Experiences, Making Laboratories, Workshops and Panels, and a Doctoral Colloquium.

In keeping with the conference’s tradition, COOP 2016 will take place in an intimate setting, facilitating in-depth discussion and feedback in a multi-disciplinary environment. As well as welcoming back experienced researchers, academics and practitioners we are keen to embrace a wider research and practice community. We welcome these new audiences to what we hope will be a path-breaking COOP conference.

******* Call for papers *******
Contributions are solicited from a wide range of domains contributing to the fields of cooperative systems ideation, design and evaluation: CSCW, HCI, Interaction Design, Participative Design, maker communities, Information Systems, social  and collaborative media, organizational and management sciences, sociology, psychology, anthropology, ergonomics, design, etc.

Full papers must be no longer than 16 pages and formatted according to the Springer template:
http://www.springer.com/authors/book+authors?SGWID=0-154102-12-417900-0

Papers submissions will take place via Easychair at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=coop2016

*******Conference Committee*******

Conference Chair: Antonella De Angeli (University of Trento)
Program Co-Chairs: Liam Bannon (University of Limerick, Ireland; University of Aarhus, Denmark); Patrizia Marti (University of Siena; Eindhoven University of Technology)
Local Chair: Massimo Zancanaro (FBK)
Workshops and Panels Co-chairs: Myriam Lewkowicz (Université de Technologie de Troyes)
Making Laboratories Co-chairs: Shaowen Bardzell (Indiana University) and Jeffrey Bardzell (Indiana University)
Doctoral Colloquium Co-chairs: David Hakken (Indiana University); Luigina Ciolfi (Sheffield Hallam University)
Interactive Experiences: Jonas Fritsch (ITU University of Copenhagen); Maria Menendez Blanco (University of Trento)
Proceedings Chair: Silvia Bordin (University of Trento)
Student Volunteer Chair: Fabio Morreale (University of Trento)

--
MyriamLewkowicz Myriam Lewkowicz
Professeur des Universités / Full Professor

Partner of european project AAL TOPIC -   http://www.topic-aal.eu/ - http://cccic.org/ Organizer of the first International EUSSET Summer School - http://eusset.eu/summer-school/ Co-program chair of GROUP 2016 - http://www.acm.org/conferences/group/conferences/group16/ Advidory Board for Journal of CSCW - http://www.springer.com/computer/journal/10606

Equipe  de recherche http://techcico.utt.fr - Research team  http://techcico.utt.fr/en
Enseignement (teaching) http://www.utt.fr/fr/formation/formations-d-ingenieur/informatique-et-systemes-d-information.html

TEDX talk http://youtu.be/pNvIDTedy_g