hello,

I find quite unacceptable that the AAG organizes its annual conference in places like San Francisco where housing prices and more generally living costs have been skyrocketing in recent years.

It seems also that AAG’s policy is now to organize their annual conferences only in ‘major’ cities (next one will be Boston).

Who can afford to spend almost a week in that city? Not certainly academics from the global South and also from increasingly underfunded public universities in the West.

I think there should be some manifestation of dissent at the AAG regarding this issue.

All the best

Ugo

Ugo Rossi

Università di Torino, Italy