Dear colleagues

A reminder about the CLS 11-4pm event this Saturday. If you haven't
registered but would like tend - just drop me an email so we can book
lunches.
Best wishes
Jane

Work, politics and Austerity

14 November 201511- 5pm.

VENUE: GMB Euston Office. 22 Stephenson Way Euston London NW1

The continuing intensification of neo-liberal policies across Europe and
beyond will bring major challenges to the workers and popular classes,
at home and abroad.

The re-composition of radical left politics in the UK and
internationally presents both challenges and opportunities to activists
and academics. In this context, *Critical Labour Studies* (CLS) has
organised a one-day event with the intention of encouraging discussion
and reflection after the political changes of the current year.

*The CLS tradition is one of open debate and discussion*. The day will
be organised around four themed sessions, with maximum time for
discussion from participants:

*Programme*

11.00:Crisis and austerity: trade union responses, John Kelly, Rachel Cohen

12.30: Lunch (provided)

13.30: Alternatives to austerity in Europe, Bob Jeffery, Monica Clua
Losada, Martin Upchurch

14.45: Left politics and Labour: from Scotland to Westminster, Neil
Davidson and Paul Stewart

16.00: Break

16.15: New worlds of work and resistance, Maurizio Atzeni, Jenny Chan,
Elly Baker, Phoebe Moore

17: 30: Close

**

*For your diary:**the annual two-day CLS Symposium and workshop will be
held in Durham on 26-27 November 2016 (details to follow).*

http://criticallabourstudies.org.uk/site/