Hello all,

I'm going through the relion tutorial and trying to complete the *Extracting
and normalising particles *step.

In the previous *Manual particle picking* procedure, I used *e2boxer.py *to
pick and generate coordinate (.box) files. Out of 571 micrographs, I picked
from 19 to get ~3000 to use as my class 2d average template.

In my current efforts to extract and normalise particles, I'm following the
tutorial closely except deviating from the *Coordinate-file suffix*
and *Particle
box size *parameters. Otherwise everything else is identical. But when I
try to run the extraction process via the gui or script, I get

File: src/image.cpp line: 80

MPI_ABORT was invoked on rank 14 in communicator MPI_COMM_WORLD

with errorcode 1.

NOTE: invoking MPI_ABORT causes Open MPI to kill all MPI processes.

You may or may not see output from other processes, depending on

exactly when Open MPI kills them.

When the run completes, I get a new *Particles *directory  (not
*/Particles/Micrographs*) with directories for each of the 19 coordinate
files (all of which are empty). Additionally, I don't get a
*particles_manual.star
*output file despite naming it in the *Extract rootname* (which backs up
the idea that nothing is getting extracted).

Perhaps the MPI error is a server-related issue but I wanted to ask. And as
the other hiccups are concerned (e.g., missing particles_manual.star, etc)
are these a consequence of using e2boxer.py and missing an intermediate
step before attempting an extraction?

Thank you very, very much for you help!

(P.S., perhaps it would behoove me to note that I also get warning messages
for "missing coordinate files" of the micrographs I *haven't* picked Though
I would fully expect that, perhaps this is a sources of error that I've
overlooked).
​​
--
Best,