Dear All,

When vieweing mrc file and corresponding fitted PDB by coot, if the map resolution is fine, in the coot we can see the mrc fit with the main chain and side chains fitted pretty well. However if the map resolution is poor (7-10 A for example) we often observed that the map did not have any density in the position occupied by the protein, and on the contrary in the map position not occupied by proteins, there were rather stronger density for the MRC file.

Will you please explain to me why coot gives different effects for good resolution and poor resolution mrc files?

Best regards.

Snith