Thank you for your comments. As suggested, here are the omit map comparison with both datasets.

On Sat, Nov 28, 2015 at 5:51 PM, Edward A. Berry <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
You should not directly compare statistics calculated at different resolution, clearly the weak noisy reflectins will make the statistics worse even if the structure is better. The "paired refinement" procedure (Fig 1 of Science.336:1030-3. http://www.sciencemag.org/content/336/6084/1030.long) was designed to allow valid comparison and selection of useful resolution.

CC(1/2):   (-0.015) in the last shell at 1.8 suggests that may be pushing it a bit far.

It would be nice to compare the omit map made at 1.8 and 2.6 A.
eab