Dear All,

I initially got a 3.0 A dataset that I used for MR and refinement. Some months later I got better diffracting crystals and refined the structure with a new dataset at 2.6 A (for this, I preserved the original Rfree set).

Even though I knew I was in a reasonable resolution limit already, I was curious and I processed the data to 1.8 A and used it for refinement (again, I preserved the original Rfree set)I was surprised to see that despite the worst numbers, the maps look better (pictures and some numbers attached).

2.6 A dataset:

Rmeas: 0.167 (0.736)

I/sigma: 9.2 (2.2)

CC(1/2): 0.991 (0.718)

Completeness (%): 99.6 (99.7)

1.8 A dataset:

Resolution: 1.8 A

Rmeas: 0.247 (2.707)

I/sigma: 5.6 (0.3)

CC(1/2): 0.987  (-0.015)

Completeness (%): 66.7 (9.5)

I was expecting worst maps with the 1.8 A dataset...any explanations would be very appreciated.

Thank you,

Talis