Or possibly a transcription factor? Depending on scaling, that looks like it might be a pretty good mimic of the major groove of dsDNA.

From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Tristan Croll
Sent: Thursday, 26 November 2015 2:21 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] [Off-Topic] groove sandwiched by negatively charged patches

Collagen?

From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Tianlong Zhang
Sent: Thursday, 26 November 2015 2:09 PM
To: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Hi all,

Recently we determined a structure of a human protein with unknown function. We observed an uncharged groove (about 20A x 20A) sandwiched by two negatively charged patches (see the attached figure). Can anyone provide any information about the potential binding partner for this groove? All suggestions are welcome.

Best regards,

Tianlong

Tianlong Zhang