Dear All,

A postdoctoral position is available in Xiamen University.

 Our lab dedicates to understand transcriptional regulation using X-ray crystallography, computational and biochemical approaches. We are interested in how transcription factors and cofactors work together to form high-order regulatory assemblies on gene promoters in eukaryote cells.  We also investigate how the extracellular signals are sensed and transferred to a specific set of transcription factors in prokaryote cells. These processes involve ligand-protein and protein-protein interactions that are tightly associated with cell membranes. For some details, please see http://aidonghanlab.com. Those who have a recent Ph.D in biology, bioinformatics or chemistry are welcome. Experience in protein biochemistry and/or cell biology is in higher priority. Training in crystallography is a big plus, but not required.

Xiamen island is the most beautiful city, and Xiamen University has a scenic university campus. It is also so comfortable to live that it grows with large foreigner communities.  Please see http://www.xmu.edu.cn/en/ for university and http://www.amoymagic.mts.cn/ for Xiamen.

 Successful candidates will be provided with a standard package of at least 160,000 RMB a year from Xiamen University, including an apartment, medical insurance and family assistance. In particular, those who recently graduate from world top 100 universities are qualified for a stimulatory salary of 200,000 RMB a year. If interested, please send your CV and contacts of 3 referees to Dr. Aidong Han through [log in to unmask]

I hope my job posting will draw a good attention from those young and motivated scientists.  I am very sorry if it causes any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Aidong

Department of Biomedical Sciences
School of Life Sciences