Hi, IMO preconceived notions of where to apply a resolution cut-off to the
data are without theoretical foundation and most likely wrong.  You may
decide empirically based on a sample of data what are the optimal cut-off
criteria but that doesn't mean that the same criteria are generally
applicable to other data.  Modern refinement software is now sufficiently
advanced that the data are automatically weighted to enhance the effect of
'good' data on the results relative to that of 'bad' data.  Such a
continuous weighting function is likely to be much more realistic from a
probabilistic standpoint than the 'Heaviside' step function that is
conventionally applied.  The fall-off in data quality with resolution is
clearly gradual so why on earth should the weight be a step function?

Just my 2p.

Cheers

-- Ian