Hi Andy and Geraldine,

I’ve had very similar problems with qualitative rubrics recently; I raised a very similar issue with BtB and was told that it’s a bug – changing a no-points rubric changes the grade of the attempt, but it shouldn’t.  In our workflow, the lecturer was setting a grade, and then completing the rubric, to find that their grade had been changed.  We had to tell them to complete the rubric first, and then set the grade afterwards – a workaround but not ideal.

Best

Chris

From: Blackboard/Courseinfo userslist [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Murphy Geraldine
Sent: 20 November 2015 13:43
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Non-scoring Rubrics

Hello Andy,

I have been looking at qualitative BB rubrics over the last month and have noticed the same thing. When marking with the rubric the score reverts to 0 and as you have described, I have been altering the grade before submitting ‘save’.

Once the rubric is used to edit the grade again- it also reverts back to 0.

I have also tried to use the ‘Override’ grade which seems to change the grade overall, but the grading done with the rubric still shows as 0. See example below:

Any others know of a way around this (sorry to not be of much help Andy!) or is this part of the process that should be made clear to members of staff using a qual rubric?

Regards,

Geraldine Murphy

Learning Technologist- ALT Team of the Year 2014

Library and Learning Services

The University of Northampton

T: (01604) 893031 EXT: 3031

SKYPE: gpmurph1