Hello,

I’ve been interested to read the posts on this topic. I responded off list to Andy initially but thought I should share here as well in case it’s of relevance to anyone else.

We're in a similar position to Andy in that we have been using Campus Pack for ePortfolios but are looking for alternatives. We want a solution that has a couple features that Campus Pack has such as customisable templates (with multiple pages) and an easy way to create one per student.

We would also love to be able to pull some data out of the portfolios in the form of reports which is something we cannot do with Campus Pack.

We think we can accomplish this with WordPress and are running a pilot with it this year. It’s nice that it’s open source and it also has the added advantage of being easy for students to take away with them and carry on using if they so desire and provides a great opportunity for everyone using it to get familiar with a commonly used website platform (transferable skills and digital literacies).

At the moment we're going with external hosting by WPEngine which is by affordable and has been trouble free. There is also a great community called WPMU Devs which provides a paid support service and includes a powerful set of plugins.

We have it integrated with  active directory for login so there is no need for separate accounts which was one of our requirements. We don't have any in house expertise with backend WordPress Development but have found we can do everything we need with the UI and plugins so far, but since WordPress is open source and so widely used I feel confident that it wouldn't be too hard to get some custom development work done if we need it.

Anyone else have experience using WordPress for ePortfolios?

Take care,

Ben