From: Blackboard/Courseinfo userslist [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Bryony Bramer
Sent: 19 May 2015 18:42
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Lynda.com – Do you use it or are you interested?

Dear All,

Further to a number of conversations at the recent Blackboard Teaching and Learning conference, I thought it would be useful to circulate this information.

A while ago, I was contacted by Nikki Green from Eduserv ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) who was interested in finding out the level of interest in Lynda.com (http://www.lynda.com/) in the education sector, with a view to seeing if a Chest agreement would be something people were interested in and if so whether this would be a possibility.

I have since spoken to a lot of people who are interested in Lynda.com and Nikki has said she would be happy if I circulated her details more widely.

Therefore, if you are using or are interested in using Lynda.com at your institution please read Nikki’s email which is copied below and get back to her if this is something you would be interested in.

Best wishes

Bryony Bramer

Learning Technology Manager
Learning Resources
Regent’s University London, Inner Circle, Regent’s Park, London, NW1 4NS
T: +44 (0)203 075 6220 | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
www.regents.ac.uk/blackboard<http://www.regents.ac.uk/blackboard>

From: Nikki Green [mailto:[log in to unmask]]

We have a number of wishes from current subscribers to Lynda.com<http://www.lynda.com/default.aspx> (who offer thousands of video courses in software, creative and business skills) to see if we can get a better agreement than currently exists.  Some sites are spending a small fortune of these training materials.  They are however quite reticent to talk to us and so to enable a more cost effective deal to be struck and meaningful dialogue we need to find a number of potential subscribers so the supplier would see some incremental growth but allow a reduction for existing subscribers.

We are currently trying to establish the size of the existing market that the supplier has – i.e. identifying all current subscribers, what they pay and subscribe to.  Alongside this we are also seeking interested sites who have not yet taken a subscription (because of timing or the pricing has prohibited)

Once we have established the total potential market we can work with all sites to form a consortium that would make the content more affordable for all and under terms that the community requires.

•        Please can you advise whether you have need for these training materials for staff and students?

•        Would you be interested in a Chest agreement if the price per FTE was reduced?
(current pricing for lyndaCampus is on GCloud<http://assets-production.govstore.service.gov.uk/G5/1335/5.G5.1335.001/QD4/G-Cloud_Pricing_lyndaCampus_140903.pdf>)

•        What else would you consider essential / desirable in any negotiation?

•        Is there an optimum time for you to subscribe?

We don’t want to raise expectations nor cause planning blight but if you do want a better deal please push the supplier for a Chest agreement if you speak to Lynda.com – there truly is benefit in sticking together!
We’d really appreciate all feedback from every institution as only 100% response will give us a very clear and total picture – so even if the answer is you have no interest we’d love to hear it!

Many thanks for your time

Nikki

Nikki Green
Business Development Manager
Eduserv
+44 (0) 1225 470 420 |  07710 725 354 | F: +44 (0) 1225 474 301
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | www.eduserv.org.uk<http://www.eduserv.org.uk/> | @eduservChest<http://www.twitter.com/eduservChest> | eduserv.org.uk/blog<http://eduserv.org.uk/blog>
Eduserv is a company limited by guarantee (registered in England & Wales, company number: 3763109) and a charity (charity number 1079456), whose registered office is at Royal Mead, Railway Place, Bath, BA1 1SR.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. This footer also confirms that this email message has been scanned for the presence of computer viruses. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifies, and with authority, states them to be the views of Regent's University London. Regent's University London A Company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales No: 1791760 Registered office: Inner Circle, Regent's Park, London, NW1 4NS Registered charity number: 291583