fyi - thanks

 #Don'tLetThemFreeze : Protest Vigil 18:00 Thurs 12 Nov @ Downing Street

1. Refugees Welcome: Don't Let Them Freeze! Protest Vigil 6pm Thur 12 Nov Downing St
2. Calais Winter Appeal: Don't Let Them Freeze! 11-12 Dec Calais (collection sheet attached)
3. Donate to Stand Up To Racism

1. Refugees Welcome: Don't Let Them Freeze! Protest Vigil 6pm Thur 12 Nov Downing St, London SW1A 2AA
Refugees are currently living in atrocious conditions in Calais, at the borders of Hungary and other parts of the Europe. Cold, wet autumnal conditions mean new born babies are suffering with hypothermia and aid agencies struggling to cope, do not have enough blankets to give them.

With Winter fast approaching the situation is becoming critical. We must not let them freeze. The government can and must do more to help refugees. EU President Jean Claude Juncker has warned that Refugee families may freeze to death. Volunteers in camps in Greece have said this will start to happen in a months time. We cannot sit by and allow this to happen.

Activists, trade unionists, politicians, refugee and human rights charities agreed to hold a protest vigil outside Downing Street to light candles to recognise the refugees stranded in Calais and other parts of Europe and demand our government takes more refugees.

Join us at 6pm on 12 November at Downing St. Let’s send a strong message: #DontLetThemFreeze #WeCanDoMore #RefugeesWelcome

Please bring a candle or a light with you.

Click here to join facebook event and invite your friends

2. Calais Winter Appeal: Don't Let Them Freeze! 11-12 Dec Calais (collection sheet attached)

Stand Up To Racism will be taking another delegation to Calais on 11-12 December to highlight the severe winter conditions refugees are living in and take over much-needed collections.

We ask people to collect cash at work, trade union branches or elsewhere and buy SUTR festive cards that we will take over to Calais with your solidarity messages and collections for refugees. Collection sheets can be downloaded here

Please note we will keep a small percentage of donations to sustain the ‘Refugees Welcome Here’ political campaign. You can order cards or 'Refugees Welcome' badges by emailing [log in to unmask]

  3. Donate to Stand Up To Racism
 Over the last few months Stand Up To Racism has worked with others to bring a hundred thousand out on the streets of London for the "Refugees Welcome" demonstration. Our solidarity delegations to Calais have raised thousands of pounds for refugees living in the camp there. We are committed to building the broadest campaign to welcome refugees and pressure the government to do more. But the work of stand up to racism is only possible thanks to the contribution of its supporters. Your contribution is invaluable. Click here to donate

We are the majority and
we will stand up to racism.

standuptoracism.org.uk
Facebook: ‘Stand Up To Racism’
Twitter: @AntiRacismDay

 To unsubscribe reply this email with that word in the subject