Dear all

I'd be really grateful if anyone would be happy to send me a copy of their licence agreement for use of their archives' images in a TV programme (and media associated with that programme, eg webpages).

Also an idea of fees charged.

Do any of you simply sign the documents provided by the TV company?  The one we have been sent seems ridiculously one-sided - "worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, entitlement to assign and sub-licence the rights"  etc etc.

Any suggestions of how to deal with TV companies who want everything yesterday, and for free, would also be useful!

Thanks very much.

Yours hopefully,

Phaedra

Phaedra Casey
Archivist
Brunel University London Archives
Kingston Lane
Uxbridge
Middlesex UB8 3PH

01895 267095

My usual hours of work are Mon - Thurs, 9am to 2.30pm.