In my new role as Freelance Archive Consultant with Camden Arts Centre I am pleased to announce that we are seeking volunteers from the local community to help us with our exciting plans for the archive. This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone living in the Camden area to gain some first hand archive and research experience.
Please see further information below and contact Stephanie with any enquiries.
With many thanks

Gary

How to become an Archive Volunteer
In 2015 Camden Arts Centre celebrates its 50th birthday.  As part of this anniversary year we will be delivering an exciting archive project over the next 6 months. Taking our archive of exhibitions materials as its focus, the Living Archive Project will work towards improving the care and management of this collection, to digitise its contents and make them accessible to more people.

We are now looking for volunteers to take part in the project and work with us in making parts of our archive accessible to new audiences and help us deliver a lasting legacy for our archive. Potential tasks could include research, digitisation and scanning, selecting material for display, general administration and collections care tasks.

The project will last between November 2015 – April 2016. We are looking for volunteers to take part around once a week for either half a day or a full day, either on Mondays, Thursdays or Saturdays on a sign-up basis. We will prioritise working with new volunteers from the local community.

Additional information:
Travel expenses will be reimbursed up to £5.50 per day. Volunteers can also gain up to 10% discount in our café, bookshop and on our acclaimed courses.

Camden Arts Centre is committed to meeting the needs of applicants with disabilities. The refurbished building is fully accessible to all; however there are access limitations to the archive.  Please contact us if you wish to discuss this further.

To join the project:
For more information please download the Archive Volunteer Information Sheet at the bottom of the webpage: http://www.camdenartscentre.org/about/volunteer/

You may also email/call Stephanie Sutton, Archive Project Organiser, [log in to unmask], 020 7472 5500 for further information. To get involved please download and complete the Archive Volunteer Registration Form from the bottom of the webpage (as above) and return by email [log in to unmask] or by post to Stephanie Sutton. Camden Arts Centre, Arkwright Road, London, NW3 6DG.

Supported by The Heritage Lottery Fund, The London Community Foundation and Cockayne - Grants for the Arts