Kendra - just to add to Julian's recommendations, I have had good luck
getting the equipment he recommends second hand on ebay and other internet
sites that sell used scientific equipment. Prices are a fraction of new,
and the microscope makers he recommends have good optics in models several
decades old. A personal note on the fibre-optic goose neck lamps - mine
recently blew a bulb but I got a replacement for under twenty dollars
Canadian within a week. They use projector bulbs, although stronger than
the one in my old slide projector - I checked. Much safer than the
incandescent lamps that get very hot.

--
Kevin Leonard, PhD, RPA
Archaeoconsulting Inc.

http://independent.academia.edu/KevinLeonard

Archaeoconsulting Inc. n’assume aucune responsabilité pour les données
transmises électroniquement. / Archaeoconsulting Inc. assumes no
responsibility for data transmitted electronically.