Do you work for an academic library? Would you like to know more about what the UK Data Service can offer both you and your students?

We have created a suite of materials to illustrate the wide range of data resources and support available to assist you in dealing with user queries.

If you would like to attend a free webinar outlining what we have on offer to support libraries, please register for this free webinar: An Introduction to data and resources for librarians, 10 December 2015 at 14.00.

The UK Data Service on your website

Is the UK Data Service listed under the A-Z list of resources on your library’s website?

Our short video about the UK Data Service can be embedded under the resources area of your website as an engaging way for students and staff to find out more about what we can do for them. We also provide a range of training webinars and video tutorials. If you wish to embed any of our videos, you can find step-by-step instructions outlining how to do this in the following video.

Written guides and video tutorials

Answer queries in a few clicks! You can copy and paste links to our written guides and video tutorials to answer user queries. Our guides and video tutorials cover a range of different topics, research methods and specific datasets. Check out the UK Data Service YouTube channel to view the entire range of video tutorials we have on offer.

Workshops and webinars

The UK Data Service regularly organises workshops and webinars on different topics, tailored for a variety of audiences. Visit our news and events pages to see the list of upcoming events, including workshops and webinars. If you have any suggestions regarding potential topics for forthcoming webinars, we are always interested to hear your ideas - simply fill in the webinar enquiry form.

The UK Data Service on your plasma screen

We have a wide range of publicity material, including brochures, leaflets, etc., which you can print off straight from your computer for use when hosting an event at your library.

We also provide a plasma file which you can upload on your library’s plasma screens in order to spread the word about the UK Data Service. Spread the word further: upload our file, take a picture of the screen and tweet it to @UKDataService! If you require a different format of the plasma file, please contact us at [log in to unmask].

Resources

Webinar: An Introduction to data and resources for librarians

For a quarterly round-up of our latest news, features, data releases, and forthcoming data and events, please subscribe to our newsletter. You can visit the Data Impact blog which is a hub for researchers, students, communities, policymakers, government and anyone interested in maximising the impact of social, population and economic data in research and policy.

___________________________________

Annette Pasotti

Senior Communications and Impact Officer

___________________________________

T +44(0) 1206 872016/2009

E [log in to unmask]

W ukdataservice.ac.uk

___________________________________

UK Data Service

UK Data Archive

University of Essex

Working hours:

Monday to Wednesday 9-2.45

Friday 9-2

Legal Disclaimer: Any views expressed by the sender of this message

are not necessarily those of the UK Data Service or the UK Data Archive.

This email and any files with it are confidential and intended solely for

the use of the individual(s) or entity to whom they are addressed.

SIGNOFF allstat