This is interesting.  We haven't been approached along these lines, but we do support an Adopters Network, which comes under the remit of our Parents Network (itself coming under the much larger Women's Network).  We've also been approached to support a 'parents of bi-lingual children' network.

In relation to the above, we support the Women's Network with budget and some administrative support, and work jointly on some key areas of work.  When the Parents network was set up, we were clear that they came 'under' the women's network and therefore they have a seat on the women's network steering group, and access to some of the budget and admin support we provide.  They run very effective coffee mornings and seminars, and both networks work very well together.

The adopters networks is almost a sub-group of the parents network, again with access to support - they run small meetings for adopters or those interested in finding out more.

I imagine we would take a similar approach to a network for parents of bi-lingual children, but I would need to talk more about this to colleagues.

If you already had a network for religion or belief, this might be one appraoch you could consider?

bw
Julie