I'd highly recommend Phyll Okopu-Gyimah (http://www.ukblackpride.org.uk/members/phyll-opoku-gyimah/) in particular!

Brilliant speaker!

-----Original Message-----
From: HEEON equal opportunities list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Dominik Jackson-Cole
Sent: 05 November 2015 21:57
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Inspirational Speakers???

Dear all,

apologies if this has been raised somewhere else or earlier on the forum - but I was hoping to get some ideas/ suggestions from you for inspirational speakers on diversity.
At Kingston we are developing a programme for our students to get them to think critically about issues of diversity - one of the strands of the programme is a series of inspirational speakers/ masterclasses. I'm looking for people who will not only talk about different diversity issues or their own inspirational story but will challenge students to think critically about their own positionalities and those of others, how we perceive the world and what we take for granted and what we see and don't see, etc. Also how critical thinking about diversity and diversity itself is important to employability and economy, etc.

As an example I asked Ossie Stuart to be a part of the series - for those who know him - you'll know he is brilliant - the way he talks about the social model of disability is absolutely terrific and inspirational! So I'm looking for people like that  - to talk about all aspects of diversity (so all protected characteristics and more multiple identities, etc.)

Thank you for any help/ suggestions of names (and what they can talk about)!

All the best,
Dom
Kingston University