From: Accessibuilt list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jacquel Runnalls
Sent: Thursday, November 26, 2015 2:23 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Proportion of accessible rooms?

Hi Wendy,

We had a scheme some time ago whereby I managed to align the student provision with our housing/planning requirements i.e. that 10% were provided as wheelchair accessible.  Whilst some of the layouts were quite 'tight', they did effectively meet the condition.
I believe the London Borough of Islington's Inclusive Design Guide/SPD also ask for 10% student housing to be wheelchair standard but would need to double check.
As student housing is not generally viewed as a 'dwelling' there is also no mention of it in the new Part M. The revised Mayor of London's SPG also has quite a bit of detail re.student provision too if my memory serves me right.

Not sure if this has helped or further confused?!

Jacquel

Jacquel Runnalls
Senior Occupational Therapist in Housing
London Borough of Waltham Forest
Sycamore House, Town Hall Complex,
Forest Rd
LONDON E17