ADM requires that halls of residence are treated as hotels, i.e. 1 for every
20, however, caution as the Equality Act requires services to be provided
equally. I am currently developing an access standard for York St John
University and discussing this issue.

This will depend upon policy, if halls are provided for all first year
students then these will need to provide suitable accommodation, for someone
with profound needs a Part M facility will be insufficient and may require
support worker accommodation. It must also be remembered that ADM hotels is
a standard suitable for a couple of weeks not 13 week terms.

If your colleague wants to give me a call we can discuss further.

Regards Jane

Jane Simpson

RIBA & NRAC Consultant

T:  01484 423501

M: 07777 607239

: @JSAccess07

 <http://www.janesimpsonaccess.com/> www.janesimpsonaccess.com

Registered address: New House Bungalow, New House Road, Sheepridge,
Huddersfield, HD2 1EG  Company No 6559802, VAT No 930 0839 42

This e-mail is for the addressee only. The information contained in it
and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately. You are not
authorized to, and must not disclose, copy, distribute or retain this
e-mail or any part of it.

  _____