Is anyone aware of works of art where the audience is asked to experience
the art by walking on a treadmill? I know artists like Nauman and Piscator
have used treadmills in video or performance walking, but I am wondering if
anyone has ever experienced an art piece by walking on a treadmill.

Part of my curiosity stems from the assertion that walking on a treadmill
has the same creative benefits of walking outside, as argued in Oppezzo,
M., & Schwartz, D. L. (2014) ‘Give your ideas some legs: The positive
effect of walking on creative thinking’, in *Journal of Experimental
Psychology: Learning, Memory, and Cognition*, 40(4), pp. 1142-1152.

I am also wondering if moving through the landscape is a core resource in
walking art and how treadmill walking art might counter this.

Any responses, thoughts, or leads on artists working in this way would be
much appreciated.