The importance of early years, childhood and adolescence: Evidence from longitudinal studies

Date & time: Monday 30 November 2015, 09:30- 17:40

Venue: British Library Conference Centre

Book now: Click this link to book your place for the conference

Dear Colleague,

We are delighted to invite registrations for this new conference hosted by CLOSER exploring the broad theme of the importance of early years, childhood and adolescence, as evidenced through longitudinal data.

** Please forward this email onto interested networks and colleagues. **

The UK’s longitudinal studies are leading sources of evidence on how our early circumstances and experiences affect our paths through life and our outcomes in adulthood.  CLOSER is bringing together researchers from across disciplines to showcase outstanding longitudinal research in the importance of early years, childhood and adolescence. It is an opportunity to share ideas and innovations with longitudinal researchers from across disciplines and sectors, both from the UK and abroad. It will also showcase the latest resources for research, including a new cutting-edge metadata search platform.

Breakout sessions focus on:

·       Health

·       Inequality

·       Education

·       Socioemotional Skills

·       Mental Health & Wellbeing

·       Labour Market Outcomes

·       Families & Parenting

To see the full programme & further details please visit www.closer.ac.uk/event/conference2015.

Registration, via the UCL online store, is essential and places are limited.

We look forward to seeing you on the 30th.

About CLOSER

Promoting excellence in cohort and longitudinal research

CLOSER (Cohort and Longitudinal Studies Enhancement Resources) aims to maximise the use, value and impact of the UK’s cohort and longitudinal studies. Bringing together nine leading studies, the British Library and the UK Data Service, CLOSER works to stimulate interdisciplinary research, develop shared resources, provide training, and share expertise.

Studies

CLOSER is funded by the Economic and Social Research Council and the Medical Research Council

With best wishes,

Emma Saville

Communications Officer
Centre for Longitudinal Studies
UCL Institute of Education, University College London

55-59 Gordon Square, London, WC1H 0NU

___________________________________

Fiona Lemon

Communications and Impact Manager

___________________________________

T +44(0) 1206 872009

E [log in to unmask]

W ukdataservice.ac.uk

___________________________________

UK Data Service

UK Data Archive

University of Essex

___________________________________

Find out more:

LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/uk-data-service

Twitter https://twitter.com/UKDataService

Data Impact Blog http://blog.ukdataservice.ac.uk/

Working hours:

Monday-Friday 8:45-17:00

Legal Disclaimer: Any views expressed by the sender of this message

are not necessarily those of the UK Data Service or the UK Data Archive.

This email and any files with it are confidential and intended solely for

the use of the individual(s) or entity to whom they are addressed.