The UK Data Service is pleased to announce the launch of our Annual Report for 2014/15.

Focusing on the key areas of research, skill-building, reach and infrastructure, the report showcases our achievements in the last year in enabling access to the highest quality social science research, teaching core data skills and looks forward to the new projects that we will be working on in the next.

2014/15 was a year of exciting innovation and collaboration for the Service, with the launch of our AppChallenge, an open data crowd-sourcing competition, our work with international partners to enable cross-national access to secure data, and the development of the Big Data Network Support team, based at the UK Data Service and supporting research centres across the UK as part of Phase 2 of the Economic and Social Research Council's Big Data Network.

We've also opened more data, with some new international datasets being designated open access. We've developed our Qualibank platform, to make it easier to find and access qualitative data. Our user support team has delivered training and information sessions across the UK and we've developed a richer set of case studies, demonstrating the impact of the researchers using the Service.

We hope that UK Data Service users and collaborators will find the report useful and informative. You can view a flip version of the Annual report online here<http://issuu.com/ukdataservice/docs/ukds_annual_report_15_web?e=19421597/30874702>. You can also download<http://ukdataservice.ac.uk/about-us/reports> the Annual Report from our website, or if you would like paper copy please contact the Communications team.

___________________________________
Fiona Lemon
Communications and Impact Manager
___________________________________
T +44(0) 1206 872009
E [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
W ukdataservice.ac.uk<http://ukdataservice.ac.uk/>
___________________________________
UK Data Service
UK Data Archive
University of Essex
___________________________________
Find out more:
LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/uk-data-service
Twitter https://twitter.com/UKDataService
Data Impact Blog http://blog.ukdataservice.ac.uk/
Working hours:
Monday-Friday 8:45-17:00
Legal Disclaimer: Any views expressed by the sender of this message
are not necessarily those of the UK Data Service or the UK Data Archive.
This email and any files with it are confidential and intended solely for
the use of the individual(s) or entity to whom they are addressed.