No. The first-level con_* maps contain both directions. To test the group direction, simply invert the contrast.

Best Regards,
Donald McLaren, PhD

On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 2:19 PM, Brunno M. Campos <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi all,
By the way, I want to clarify something in my mind: In a second level analysis, comparing groups, If I want to check the differences among groups for both, positive and negative related areas (to my paradigm), I need to split the con maps at zero and perform the tests with absolute separated maps for both?

thank you!

Brunno Machado de Campos
Físico-Médico / Research Physicist
Laboratório de Neuroimagem / Neuroimaging Laboratory
Unicamp / University of Campinas
Telefone/Phone: +55 19 3521-8243

"could also be due to negative estimates for Group 2 Cond B and zero otherwise" has to read "could also be due to negative estimates for Group 2 >>Cond A<< and zero otherwise", then it's
0 - 0 > -1 - 0
0 > -1