Dear Christopher,

What you have been doing at your university sounds absolutely worthwhile. Thank you for discussing my proposal with your maths support team and sharing questions that cropped up.

1.       Would video conferencing be an option, for those far from London?

That is something we have discussed and a solution could be webinar. I quite like your idea of video conferencing.

2.        How to promote these sessions? The staff who would benefit most are unlikely to read the sigma list.
We have used the RSS data base and I agree with you about the sigma list. Hence, I have been exploring other networks.

3.       Could these sessions count as recognised professional development, e.g. for HEA fellowship applications?

Good point. We have not discussed this and I will share your thoughts at the next RSS meeting.

Thank you and your team for your time and comments!

Knd regards,
Meena
Meena Kotecha, Chartered Mathematician, PGCertHE (RSS)
Listed amongst 50 most influential university professionals<https://www.timeshighereducation.com/carousels/50-most-influential-uk-higher-education-professionals-social-media>
Co-chair of mathematics education conference 2015<http://www.ima.org.uk/conferences/conferences_calendar/barriers_and_enablers_to_learning_maths.cfm>
LSE Teaching Excellence Prize Winner 2008 and 2013
Invited member of RSS Education committee<http://www.rss.org.uk/>
Invited committee member of the London Branch of the Institute of Mathematics and its Applications<http://www.ima.org.uk/activities/branches/london.cfm.html>
The Glory of India & Certificate of Excellence Award 2010
Academic Associate & Fellow of The Higher Education Academy
Departments of Statistics & Management
London School of Economics
Mobile: 00447986055724
http://meenakotecha.wordpress.com/