Hello Sarah,

SCONUL is the University Library Directors’ organisation and there are some publications on the website that you may find useful:   www.sconul.ac.uk/

In terms of thinking library space design the Designing Libraries site can be helpful.  http://www.designinglibraries.org.uk/

I have found two US documents particularly useful informing my thinking (and our practitioner research) into students’ library needs:

http://fresnostate.edu/socialsciences/anthropology/documents/ipa/TheLibraryStudy(DelcoreMulloolyScroggins).pdf

http://www.ala.org/acrl/sites/ala.org.acrl/files/content/publications/booksanddigitalresources/digital/Foster-Gibbons_cmpd.pdf   (Studying Students – a Second Look is available to download from the University of Rochester repository

We will be using student led-research to inform our planned refurbishment here at Teesside.

I hope this is of some use.

Kind regards,

Liz

Liz Jolly

Chair, SCONUL (Society of College, National and University Libraries) and

Director, Library and Information Services

Teesside University | Middlesbrough | TS1 3BA

T: 01642 342103                                         cid:image011.png@01D03B2A.26E261E0 @TeesUniLib

F: 01642 342190                                         ZA102637861  Teesside University Library

E: [log in to unmask]                               http://lis.tees.ac.uk

cid:image012.png@01D03B2A.26E261E0