Scottish Literature International lecture 2015 - invitation
(with apologies for cross-posting)
SCOTTISH LITERATURE
INTERNATIONAL LECTURE 2015
THE HUMANITIES IN A POST-HUMAN FUTURE:
IAIN M. BANKS’S
THEORY OF MIND
Tuesday 24 November, 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.,
The Burns Room, the Scottish Parliament,
Holyrood, Edinburgh

Sponsored by Jean Urquhart MSP

We race upon the post-human. And we fear it. Will humanity someday cease to know itself? Professor Caroline McCracken-Flesher (University of Wyoming) discusses how Iain Banks poses and addresses this troubling future. In Banks’s Culture novels, he stands heir to an enlightened Scotland. For Banks, Mind reinvents the human.
This event is free but places MUST be reserved in advance. Please contact the ASLS office by Monday 16 November
to book your place:

ASLS
Scottish Literature
7 University Gardens
University of Glasgow
Glasgow G12 8QH
Tel/Fax: +44 (0)141 330 5309
email: [log in to unmask]

Duncan Jones
Association for Scottish Literary Studies
7 University Gardens
University of Glasgow
Glasgow G12 8QH, UK
Tel/Fax: +44 (0)141 330 5309
ASLS is a registered charity no. SC006535