From: Francis Sedgemore [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 03 September 2015 14:47
To: psci-com: on public engagement with science <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Job (Cambridge): Graphene Flagship seeks press coordinator

Dear all,

My esteemed colleague and comrade-in-words Paul Kirkley is leaving his
position as press coordinator for the Graphene Flagship
(http://graphene-flagship.eu). We are therefore looking to hire a
replacement. See here for details...

http://goo.gl/KoJ8tv

The job is based at the University of Cambridge, with office space provided
by the Cambridge Graphene Centre, which is located on the West Cambridge
campus. This is a senior appointment, at grade 8 on the "Academic-Related"
scale, and we are looking for someone with a fair amount of journalistic
and/or PR experience.

This is a challenging role, with advanced cat-herding skills a definite
advantage! Being EC-funded with considerable private-sector involvement, the
flagship is a politically sensitive body, and our communications work
reflects that.

Graphene Flagship communications are handled by a small work package, most
of whose members are based at Chalmers University in southern Sweden. They
handle the corporate stuff and events management.

In Cambridge there are two of us working on flagship communications: me, in
charge of science communications, and the press coordinator. There is some
overlap in the two roles. Whilst I would appreciate having a close colleague
who is science-literate, journalistic skills are in this case more
important.

I am happy to discuss the job off-list, but formal enquiries should be
addressed to Andrea Ferrari, director of the Cambridge Graphene Centre.

Francis

--

Dr Francis Sedgemore

journalist, writer and recovering physicist

telephone: +44 7840 191336

website: sedgemore.com <http://sedgemore.com>

twitter: @hesgen

• signoff psci-com (to leave the list)