I recently came across and read a remarkable new story for young teenagers (precocious 9 year olds and over I’d say) but the acclaimed travel writer, Horatio Clare: Aubrey and the Terrible Yoot (Firefly Press 2015). This is a subject close to my heart and just wanted to push news of this out to anyone on this list who might share the interest and be able to promote it / review it in places where it might get noticed...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Aubrey-Terrible-Yoot-Horatio-Clare/dp/1910080284/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1444116103&sr=1-1&keywords=clare+yoot

There seems precious little of this sort around (the black dog picture book aside, but that is not really aimed at kids/young people). I wrote a review of it on the amazon page above - i liked it so much and thought it such a powerful and engaging way to introduce kids to the topic…

Anyway just pushing this out there - I have no personal or professional connection with Clare or his publisher but am very aware that with 1000 books a week published a small publisher’s output can easily disappear.

All best
Michael

Michael Stewart
Professor of Social Anthropology
Vice Dean for Enterprise
Founding Director Open City Documentary Festival

www.opencitylondon.com

OPEN CITY, UCL

14 Taviton Street,

London

WC1H 0BW

+44 (0)20 7679 8637 - +44 (0)7989 401038

• set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages) • signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • Subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com