Dear PSCI-COMMers

We're calling for volunteers in and around Nottingham to join us
specifically for the next round of Lab_13 opportunities - but more
generally too.. please pass on to your own networks - and beyond... thanks

*CHEMWORKS – Call for STEM ambassadors and students to support Lab_13 and
inspire the next generation of scientists*

Lab_13 is a space in a school where young people can experiment and lead
investigations driven by their own curiosity. We are looking for STEM
ambassadors or students with a chemistry background who can volunteer to
help offer further guidance and inspiration to the pupils.

Lab_13 forms part of the CHEMWORKS programme – a 5 year project which
evaluates the impact of outreach interventions funded by Royal Society of
Chemistry. The project is led by Nottingham Trent University in partnership
with Ignite! and Notts STEMNET Ambassadors. The programme involves 6
Nottingham Secondary schools – Bluecoat Beechdale, Bluecoat Academy
(Aspley), Nottingham Academy, Nottingham Girls Academy, Trinity School and
Farnborough Academy.

This is a great opportunity to work with young people and develop science
communication and public engagement skills. There is no fixed time
commitment and we can work with your availability. To register your
interest please complete the brief form at the link here:
https://ignitefutures.wufoo.com/forms/chemworks-lab_13-expression-of-interest/

Please also note there will be a briefing session for interested volunteers
to find out more on *Weds 7th October at 4pm* at Nottingham Trent
University, Clifton Campus. For any queries please contact Sarah at Ignite!

Rick Hall FRSA
Director of Programmes, Ignite!
0780 103 4732

*Lab_13 Ghana has opened!*