Dear Psci-Commers
Lightyear Foundation and Ignite! are offering four posts as Scientists in Residence for the next phase of development of Lab_13 Ghana.

please contact me, Rick Hall, [log in to unmask]
or Myf Owen, [log in to unmask] for further details

and please do spread the word - these are fantastic opportunities but time is tight..

thanks

Become a Scientist-in-Residence for Lab_13 Ghana

Bosomtwe education district or Cape Coast educational district, Ghana

Four voluntary positions offered with costs covered

·    REF:SiR01Jan

Two voluntary positions offered with costs covered, January - September 2016 located in the Bosomtwe District of Ghana.

·    REF:SiR02Jun

Two additional voluntary positions offered with costs covered, June –December 2016 located in the Cape Coast district of Ghana.

Lightyear and Ignite! are offering a unique opportunity to become a Lab_13 Scientist in Residence in Africa - an exciting challenge to be part of the next phase of Lab_13 International as a movement for development and change.

Lab_13 Ghana is a partnership project between Lightyear Foundation who run science projects in Africa, and Ignite! the founders of Lab_13 in the UK. Over the last 6 months we have successfully set up the first international Lab_13, Lab_13 Ghana. Moving forward to phase II, we are looking for four enthusiastic, resourceful, excitable scientists/engineers/mathematicians/teachers to join our amazing Ghanaian Scientists in Residence in the Bosomtwe district or Cape Coast district in Ghana.

We are seeking four talented professionals to develop, shape and support the long-term impact of this venture. You will be a science educator/communicator wishing to take their professional skills and experience to a new context and make a real difference to young people in Ghana. You will be open to new cultures, resourceful and inventive, adaptable to changing circumstances and driven by your love of all things science. You will be working alongside Ghanaian Scientist in Residence, drawing from their previous experience to reinforce success of the current Lab_13 Ghana programme.

This is a voluntary position where costs for flights, accommodation and subsistence will be met. To apply, please email Myf Owen, [log in to unmask] with a CV (no more than 2 pages) and a covering letter setting out what you can bring to the role and referencing the desired Voluntary position; REF:SiR01Jan or REF:SiR02Jun.

Deadline for applications is: Midnight, Sunday 01 Nov 2015

--
Rick Hall FRSA
Director of Programmes, Ignite!

Lab_13 Ghana has opened!
click here - Lab_13 Ghana

11 East Circus Street
Nottingham  NG1 5AF

• set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages) • signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • Subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com