hi Daisy
a quick point of reference is Science Grrl
who have an Oxford Chapter

see link here
http://sciencegrrl.co.uk/about/chapters-local-connections/

cheers
Rick

On 16 October 2015 at 10:50, Daisy Hung <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Dear colleagues,

Do any of your universities/institutions run programmes or workshops specifically aimed at parents to encourage girls, BME students, etc., to engage in STEMM and consider STEMM careers?

I'm aware of the University of York 'Science is for Parents Too' programme: https://www.york.ac.uk/lifelonglearning/wellcome/#tab-3

Any other leads or helpful resources would be much appreciated!  I've found a number of interesting parent guides with a basic web search, but if you have key sources you can point me to, that would be great.

Thanks,
Daisy

Daisy J. Hung

Athena SWAN Facilitator

Mathematical, Physical and Life Sciences Division

University of Oxford

9 Parks Road

Tel: 01865 282464

Email: [log in to unmask]

I work in the office on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

Athena-SWAN_strapline

• set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages) • signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • Subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com

Rick Hall FRSA
Director of Programmes, Ignite!
0780 103 4732

Lab_13 Ghana has opened!