Hi Josh,

This paper might offer a starting point as I think numerous surveys have
been conducted, although I'm not sure about the scales of many of these.

http://pus.sagepub.com/content/16/1/79.short - at the very least, the
researcher's details and other papers that cite the study all included
there.

In the States, the AAAS does one with a much higher profile than anything
I've seen in the UK (but that's possibly because the British press likes to
laugh at Americans rather than looking in the mirror!)

I'd be interested to know if this is helpful to you or if I'm clogging your
inbox unnecessarily!

Best wishes,

Ben

<http://freelance-science-writer.com/>