Dear Josh,

There was a lot of interest in the factual knowledge of the public around the time of the Bodmer Report (1986?). But it went out of fashion a bit with decline of the Deficit Hypothesis and the rise of engagement.

John Durant (now at Harvard, I think) led a big study, published in Nature around 1985-6. Perhaps there have been follow-up surveys.

Sorry I can't give you details. I'm on a plane just about to take off.

Best wishes,

Colin Blakemore

Sent from my iPhone