This might be of interest ...

Online ESRC survey exploring the experiences of early career social scientists

The Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) are keen to understand the experiences and issues faced by early-career social scientists.
Therefore, they have commissioned a survey from researchers at the UCL Institute of Education to enable improvements to be made to existing support for early-career social scientists before, during and after their doctoral studies.

Since we do not wish to predefine exactly who is an early-career social scientist we intend leaving it to potential respondents to self-identify themselves as part of this group, as long as they have a doctorate or equivalent. Please note, we are not targeting current doctoral students.

As an organisation that is likely to be engaging with early career social scientists outside of the higher education sector we are emailing to ask for your help in promoting the survey. The research team would gratefully appreciate it if you could circulate the survey web address - URL http://bit.ly/ESRC-survey to your mailing list asking members to complete the survey. It should take no more than 20 minutes.

If you know of anyone else or other groups, that might like to complete the survey, please do pass on the web link; it will be open until 11th November.

If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact a member of the research team (details below). Many thanks in advance for all your help.

The research team

William Locke, Reader in Higher Education Studies and Co-Director of the Centre for Higher Education Studies, UCL Institute of Education, [log in to unmask] Dr Richard Freeman, Senior Lecturer, UCL Institute of Education, [log in to unmask] Dr Anthea Rose, Researcher, UCL Institute of Education, [log in to unmask]