Chrisman Cooley wrote a long review of a reading of mine at Jacket a while
back.  He basically created sheet music, and used this to talk about poetry
as written and performed.  It was quite fascinating.  I hope to someday
finish a book of mine using this approach together with varying color sound
ideas.  Others of my poetry acquaintances who are musicians (rock) usually
draw a distinction between poems and lyrics, except when they don't!
Franklin Bruno, Chris Stroffolino, Thurston Moore, Lydia Lunch, Lee
Renaldo, John Doe, Mike Watt, Exene Cervenka.  John Cage.

There's a new segue series season starting, and it is also writers who are
musicians (I ran two such in Los Angeles).  Watts poets, Amde Hamiltons
solo work, talan memmot,

Historically, the Dadas, Schwitters...

I have heard some very lovely lieder from Whitman poems (and also some
terrible ones).

As you are aware, some are fervent about the ghost of meter, some write in
meter so it will sound good because, and even some fairly well known poets,
Anne Carson, in my critical opinion, are training their ears gradually
through the work.  Louis Zukofsky should be mentioned here, the Canto of A
he cowrote with his wife, his son's violin virtuosity,  his early
friendliness and moral support of Creeley.

Rachel Bleu Duplessis just has always had a great ear, in my opinion.

I dislike Joy Harjo 's work, Janie Cortez and many jazz poets are
interesting, and our very own Shiela Murphy, Jukka pekka kervinen, Peter
ganick are all musicians.

Mallarme.

All best,
Catherine