Many of David McKee's books and also those by Michael Foreman might fit the bill.

Zoe

On 19/10/15 23:23, ARSENIO JESUS MOYA GUIJARRO wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">

Dear all,

I am looking for picture books intended for children between 6-12 years of age that deal with topics such as: peace, equality (The Piggy Book), solidarity, respect and tolerance (King and King), health, respect to nature, healthy habits, friendship,  etc., that is, books that teach moral values and that have important messages to transmit to children in Primary Education.  Great if they are translated into English. I would be very grateful if you could send me some suggestions.

In addition, if you know any picture book that deals with social sciences, mathematics, that is, that can be used in bilingual programmes with non-native students who learn English as a FL  language, please let me know.

Thanks for your time.

Best wishes,

Jesús Moya

http://www.uclm.es/firma_uclm.gif

DEPARTAMENTO DE FILOLOGÍA MODERNA

Facultad de Letras de Ciudad Real  y Fac. Educación de Cuenca

 Web: www.uclm.es
 Tel.: 902 204 100 / Fax: 902 204 130

 Prof. Dr. A. Jesus Moya Guijarro

Director de Departamento / Head of Department
   Email: [log in to unmask]

  Telf. 0034 969179170, ext:  3134 o 4721
  FACULTAD DE LETRAS DE CIIUDAD REAL

    Avda Camino José Cela s/n (13071) Ciudad Real, España

  FACULTAD DE EDUCACIÓN DE CUENCA

    Avda de los Alfares 42 (16071) Cuenca, España