Dear Eduardo,

I¹m not sure what the benefits are of using this distinction between
³aesthesis² and ³aesthetics² here. Do you mean a ³state of mind² for
³aesthesis² or simply perception as a brain event? The knowledge that
perception is bringing me pleasure (state of mind) is a different kind of
pleasure to the pleasure of pre-conscious
seeing/feeling/smelling/touching/hearing. That is, pre-conscious events in
the brain are affects of a kind but they only become affects as states of
mind when they enter consciousness. Hence, they are not directly related
to the object of perception (they are mediated by the act of
consciousness) and hence we are talking about ³aesthetics². Does the eye
take its own pleasures from what the eyes perceives? Quite possibly but
not in any way that makes sense to consciousness. When the eye looks away
because of strong light, is it expressing displeasure?

Cheers

keith

On 20/10/2015 9:55 pm, "PhD-Design - This list is for discussion of PhD
studies and related research in Design on behalf of Eduardo corte-real"