Dear friends,
Colleagues,
Like in many other occasions, Art is here confused with beauty. Or Beauty, capital. Although Beauty may have been a vehicle for achieving artistic goals, it should not be confused with what art unveils.
Art unveils, firstly, originality, authorship and indisputable uniqueness. Often we witness that experts are called to establish authorship and dating regarding works of art. Ugly, beautiful or simply indifferent, works of art strike us as tokens of human production that strive above indifference and ask for a meaningful reception.
In that sense, regardless of its beauty, Art, for Design, meaningfully unveils that, even in everyday live objects, there might be a realm where originality, authorship and uniqueness, might find a way into people’s lives.
Cheers,
Eduardo Corte-Real
IADE- U, lisbon