Hi all,

Just wanted to say thank you to those that managed to tune in our webinar.

For those of you that missed the live webinar, here is the link to the recording: https://sas.elluminate.com/p.jnlp?psid=2015-09-30.0502.M.70DD04EB150EF6630450A67CB0564B.vcr&sid=7565

I think you will agree it was a really interesting webinar and Martin Weller raised some interesting points and research that has been going on at the OER Research Hub.

I thought it might be useful to carry on the discussion and raise these questions as discussion points on here!

A couple of interesting points were raised when Martin was speaking about the different types of OER engagement:

OER active

OER as Facilitators

OER consumers

Martin’s question focused on how can we engage these different types of people?

Another interesting discussion point was:

What kind of problems do OERs solve?

And finally:

What research do we need in to OERs?

I also thought this was an interesting article that was posted during the discussions in the chat:

http://er.educause.edu/articles/2013/2/ten-years-later-why-open-educational-resources-have-not-noticeably-affected-higher-education-and-why-we-should-care

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts around these questions….. as they may well be very useful for informing the SIG activities over the next year J

Best wishes

Ella

Ella Mitchell

Education Support Manager