Hi All

Just sharing that the US Gov #GoOpen initiative is really gaining momentum with a big commitment today for open education and use of open licenses on all education dept. funded IPR.

http://tech.ed.gov/open-education/

It seems we have a mountain to climb for anything similar in the UK but we can at least put ideas and pressure where we can. I've particularly sought to influence NTF criteria and UKPSF criteria to include 'open', and I've pushed it as part of TEF consultations I've been involved in. This is nothing, and what it would take is a community effort.

I'd be interested to hear what other people do to influence not just their institutions but locally / nationally? Perhaps reply to me ([log in to unmask]) and I'll compile responses back to our group.

:)

Best wishes
Viv
And don't forget, #GoOpen