HI
I can concur with Louise as I also taught on the same course (pre Louise).
:)

From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Louise Huscroft
Sent: 08 October 2015 14:35
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [OCC-HEALTH] SEQOHS & SCPHN - important feedback please.

Due to my experience I may have a different view point.   I would agree that when I completed my BSc in 1997-1999 it did not full equip me for todays practice.    In 2008 I joined Teesside University and for 4 years taught the SCPHN BSc (NMC approved) and had to learn it to teach it.   I am now back in practice and fully appreciate the benefit I gained from this as I feel this has fully prepared me for todays challenges.

The Teesside course does have an Occupational Health pathway and the generic modules are applied accordingly.   I can't stress enough the importance of gaining knowledge and experience in Public Health strategies and Health Needs assessments from an OH perspective.  The course also includes a Health and Safety module and an OH module with attendance management (including an OSCE) and health surveillance.  And the important thing to remember is that it requires a specific number of practice hours and supervision and sign off by a Qualified Practice Teacher.

I absolutely agree that some of the courses may not be as focused on the OH element and that some very good courses do not have NMC registration.

I think the ideal course should be tailored to OH but also have the Public Health elements and the Practice Teacher sign off.   I am proud of my NMC registration and feel that it would be a shame to lose it.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards
Louise

Louise Huscroft
Regional Nurse Manager
[cid:image001.png@01D101F4.4D707A40]

Team Prevent UK
First Floor Steadings Barn,
Pury Hill Business Park
Nr Alderton
Northants
NN12 7LS

 T: 01327 810269
 F: 01327 810264
 M: 07896 416707
 W: www.teamprevent.co.uk<http://www.teamprevent.co.uk>

[cid:image003.png@01D101F4.4D707A40]<https://twitter.com/TeamPreventUK>  [cid:image004.png@01D101F4.4D707A40] <https://www.facebook.com/TeamPreventUK>   [cid:image005.png@01D101F4.4D707A40] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/team-prevent-uk>   [cid:image006.png@01D101F4.4D707A40] <https://plus.google.com/115015167331158527957/about>

[cid:image007.jpg@01D101F4.4D707A40]

This email and any files transmitted with it may be legally privileged and are confidential. This email should not be disclosed to anyone other than the addressee nor copied in any way.
If received in error please advise sender and delete. Opinions and conclusions expressed in this email are those of the sender and not of Team Prevent UK Ltd.
Please note that email traffic data and also the content of emails may be monitored for the purposes of staff training and security.

Team Prevent UK Ltd Registered Office: First Floor Steadings Barn, Pury Hill Business Park, Nr Alderton, Towcester, Northamptonshire, NN12 7LS
Registered in England No 5770728 VAT No: 883 0646 08