A quick search in the index of Dominique Iogna-Prat's La Maison Dieu, which contains quite a lot of useful analysis of church dedications, turns up Brian V. Repsher, The Rite of Church Dedication in the Early Medieval Era (Lewiston-Queenston-Lampeter, 1998), which sounds helpful on this issue.
Cheers,
Jim

From: medieval-religion - Scholarly discussions of medieval religious culture [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of BRIGGS JOHN [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: October 23, 2015 9:56 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [M-R] outlining the foundation where a church is to be built

Stan Metheny wrote:

No idea whether or not this is what you are trying to locate, but a rite for marking the outline of a church to be built is given in the 1961 Pontificale Romanum as part of the blessing and laying of the foundation stone. (First rite in Pars Secunda) Per a table of the editor in the intro, the rite is continued from the post-Trent editio princeps of 1595. So, unencumbered by any definitive knowledge of the history of the rite, I speculate that it might well have been carried over from medieval pontificals.

And I, in turn, would speculate that this might be the first appearance of the rite (as a formal liturgy.)

John Briggs