Bill,

I have a friend who has just moved to Ellesmere Port, just across the water.  If you get no other takers, come back to me.

Jane

On 26/10/2015 15:01, Bill Schipper wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">medieval-religion: Scholarly discussions of medieval religion and culture

Hi,

The Liverpool Public Libraries owns a 12th century copy of Hrabanus Maurus’s Commentary on Genesis (shelf mark: f091 RAB). The library has neither the staff, nor the resources, nor equipment to make digital copies of the part of the MS I am interested (fol. 1-104).

I have asked if they will allow someone to come in and use a digital camera to photograph the pages I need (without flash, of course). If they respond positively, is there a subscriber to the list who is in or near Liverpool, and who would be willing to spend an hour in the library photographing those folios?

I’d be most grateful. It’s a little difficult to imagine a library that cannot supply microfilm or digital copies of manuscripts in their collection, but it does seem nicely old fashioned! If someone is willing to do this for me, I can provide a contact name at the library.

Bill Schipper