I enquired last week about any trusts that have produced library induction videos. Thank you to everyone who replied.  I have listed below those I found via Google/YouTube and those people have emailed me about. You can find others that are PowerPoint/Prezi based.  Having looked at some of the videos and discussed it again we are probably going to try and produce something that is part marketing and part informing people of our services, rather than trying to show them how to use the library, so that we can keep it quite short and snappy.

For those who have said they are thinking of doing something similar, it might be worth looking at your local colleges. We contacted ours, which runs an HND in Film making and are going to work with one of their students who will produce the video as one of her projects.

NHS Trusts

Dorset County Hospital Library

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJpvht6NCcU

Oxford Health

http://www.oxfordhealth.nhs.uk/library/about-us/about-us/video-overview/

Luton and Dunstable University Hospital

http://www.ldh.nhs.uk/gps-professionals/library-services/training/videos/#The-COMET-library

Pennine Acute Trust

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9-7XX1LBs0

Wirral University Teaching Hospital

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JIvIVXCxK8&feature=youtu.be

Warrington & Halton Hospitals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtXexzVCkCk

Colleges - obviously there are many more of these on YouTube

Imperial College for NHS users

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S9gpybviuQ

Bath University

http://www.bath.ac.uk/library/induction-video-hd.html

Leeds City College

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kUbjEpClCw

Durham University

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxGWjrFzo4c&list=PL1zMD_kTXdjzMZw5D6MB6Cxr8vp1kRM1q&index=7

Best wishes

Jane

Jane Cooper

Librarian  | Northamptonshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Richmond Library | William Kerr Building | Northampton General Hospital | Northampton | NN1 5BD

Tel: 01604 523818 | E-mail: [log in to unmask] Web: www.library.northants.nhs.uk

Follow us on Twitter: @NHFTNHSLibrary

I work Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri. For anything urgent on Wednesdays please contact [log in to unmask]

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are those of the author and do not represent the views of the Trust unless explicitly stated.

The information contained in this email may be subject to public disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. Unless the information is legally exempt from disclosure, the confidentiality of this email and your reply cannot be guaranteed.