Dear Farhad

Before setting up the alerts, run a full search in Cinahl, and save your results. Then it’s perfectly fine to set up your alerts so they only look the last month’s or last week’s new articles, as you already have a record of all the previous articles on that topic. I think that’s how most people do this.

Best wishes

Sarah

From: UK medical/ health care library community / information workers [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Farhad Shokraneh
Sent: 08 October 2015 12:18
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: CINAHL EBSCOhost email alerts does not include more than 100 hits

Sorry for cross-posting

Dear All,

I had a difficulty getting the results of my saved alerts in my email and so I contacted EBSCOhost.

The problem is that if you have saved/set an email alert for CINAHL via EBSCOhost and the number of search results that you are receiving in your email inbox is more than 100 hits, there is no verified way to see the results 101 onwards even login into you account in EBSCOhost you cannot see all the hits.

I changed my alert timing from monthly to weekly to solve this issue by getting more emails with less hits. The other method is re-running the searches and limiting the search to past one month [then wat is the point of setting alerts].

Currently there is no solusion by EBSCOhost for this issue and just wanted to let you know before setting alerts in this interface because there is no notification from EBSCO about this error.

Bests,

Farhad

Farhad Shokraneh, BSc, MS, MedLIS

Trials Search Coordinator (TSC),

Cochrane Schizophrenia Group

Institute of Mental Health Building - B Floor

University of Nottingham, Nottingham, NG7 2TU

Google Scholar, ResearchGate, LinkedIn

This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and / or privileged information and is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) printed above. If you are not the addressee(s), any unauthorised review, disclosure, reproduction, other dissemination or use of this e-mail, or taking of any action in reliance upon the information contained herein, is strictly prohibited. If this e-mail has been sent to you in error, please return to the sender. No guarantee can be given that the contents of this email are virus free - The University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust cannot be held responsible for any failure by the recipient(s) to test for viruses before opening any attachments. The information contained in this e-mail may be the subject of public disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 - unless legally exempt from disclosure, the confidentiality of this e-mail and your reply cannot be guaranteed. Copyright in this email and any attachments created by us remains vested in the University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust.