Interesting post to the LSE Impact Blog on how we can make metrics better: http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/impactofsocialsciences/2015/10/08/we-need-informative-metrics-how-to-make-metrics-better/

Views anyone?!

We need informative metrics that will help, not hurt, the scientific endeavor – let’s work to make metrics better.

Rather than expecting people to stop utilizing metrics altogether, we would be better off focusing on making sure the metrics are effective and accurate, argues Brett Buttliere. By looking across a variety of indicators, supporting a centralised, interoperable metrics hub, and utilizing more theory in building metrics, scientists can better understand the diverse facets of research impact and research quality. In […]

Elizabeth Gadd MSc, MCLIP, FHEA

Research Policy Manager (Publications)

Research Office

Loughborough University